Suggested timing: 10 minutes
By the end of this module, you will:
- Be familiar with terms like OER and MOOCs.
- Understand the general landscape of online learning.
- Know how to search for and evaluate online courses for learning circles.
- Have some ideas on how to adapt online courses for the learning circle model.
🛠️ Explore P2PU’s course database
P2PU maintains a database of courses that has been used in other learning circles. For this check-in, have a quick look at the courses that are already in the database, and play around with the filters and search options. After you’ve looked for five or so minutes, discuss what you found with your group. Here are some conversation starters:
- What are the most popular languages for courses in our database?
- Approximately what percent of the courses are OER?
- What is the most used course for learning circles?
- Can you find any courses that you’d be interested in facilitating? Which ones?